Sunday 23 July 2017

Cr{{d{nce Cle@rw@ter Rev!v@l - 1969 - Gr{{n R!ver FLAC


Green River/Commotion/Bootleg/Good Golly Miss Molly




"Green River" is a song by American rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival. The song was written by John Fogerty and was released as a single in July 1969, one month before the album of the same name was released.

The song "Green River" was based on a vacation spot for John Fogerty.  In an interview Fogerty gave to Rolling Stone in 2012, Fogerty stated:

    What really happened is that I used a setting like New Orleans, but I would actually be talking about thing from my own life. Certainly a song like "Green River" – which you may think would fit seamlessly into the Bayou vibe, but it's actually about the Green River, as I named it – it was actually called Putah Creek by Winters, California. It wasn't called Green River, but in my mind I always sort of called it Green River. All those little anecdotes are part of my childhood, those are things that happened to me actually, I just wrote about them and the audience shifted at the time and place.

Fogerty added that the "actual specific reference, 'Green River,' I got from a soda pop-syrup label... My flavor was called Green River

"Green River" was certified gold (500,000 units sold) by the Recording Industry Association of America on December 13, 1990.

2 comments: